Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Sir Robert Peel, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Sir Robert Peel is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you visit our premises or engage in our Loyalty Scheme, provides you with information about:
-how we use your data;
-what personal data we collect;
how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
-your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Sir Robert Peel uses your personal data:
-to provide goods or services to you;
-to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
-with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you; and
-where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
SIR ROBERT PEEL LOYALTY SCHEME AND OTHER MARKETING
Sir Robert Peel uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may contact you via email to update you on Sir Robert Peel’s latest offers.
Sir Robert Peel aims to update you about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting Sir Robert Peel via the contact channels set out in this policy.
If you are a member of Sir Robert Peel Loyalty Scheme, we may collect data directly from you. This allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing) provided by Gain Loyalty who administer our loyalty scheme.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Sir Robert Peel may collect the following information about you:
– your name, age/date of birth and gender;
– your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Sir Robert Peel; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Sir Robert Peel is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data with our third-party provider, Gain Loyalty;
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
How can I contact Sir Robert Peel about a data protection issue?
If you have any questions about how Sir Robert Peel uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
• phone us on: 0116 255 9419;
• e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
• write to us at: Sir Robert Peel, 50 Jarrom Street, Leicester, LE2 7DD
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in July 2018.