Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Sir Robert Peel, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Sir Robert Peel is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you visit our premises provides you with information about:
-how we use your data;
-what personal data we collect;
how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
-your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Sir Robert Peel uses your personal data:
-to manage the government track and trace system;
-where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
For Track and Trace, this period will be strictly 21 Days.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Sir Robert Peel will collect the following information about you so as to comply with the Government’s Track and Trace system:
– your name,
– your contact details: telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Sir Robert Peel is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– encryption of data on our secure server;
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
How can I contact Sir Robert Peel about a data protection issue?
If you have any questions about how Sir Robert Peel uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 0116 255 9419;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com or
- write to us at: Sir Robert Peel, 50 Jarrom Street, Leicester, LE2 7DD
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in August 2020.